The World According to Grace, Charlie, and Martin

Sunday, July 13, 2003

Grace Quotes (archived)

Jul 13, 2003
Charlie and Grace were playing with his Tickle Me Elmo. Elmo was laughing, and Charlie, with a dismissive wave of his hand, said, "Oh,shut up, Elmo!" which Grace followed up with, "Elmo, you're a jerk!"
Jul 10, 2003
Grace just told me, "Tibbikins is under the chair. But watch out, he's tuffled!"
Jul 2, 2003
Grace and Charlie are pretending that they have a lot of pets to take to the vet, and I explained that it will cost them a lot of money. So Grace asked me, "Can my brother have a lot of money? [Whispers and winks] We're just pretending."
Jun 9, 2003
Grace was just singing that song from The Jungle Book: "The bare nuh-sesame!"
The kids are playing "Sick Charlie". Charlie is "throwing up" and "sneezing," and Grace is "taking care of" him.
Jun 5, 2003
A recent conversation between Grace and me while watching Blue's Clues:Grace: "Why does Joe never have to go to the bathroom?"Me: "He wears a diaper."Grace: "No, he doesn't."
May 28, 2003
We were reprimanding Grace for something she did at the dinner table, and she said, "But Charlie did it." Ken replied, "But he's three!" to which Charlie said, "Yeah! That's me!"
May 11, 2003
Grace just told me: Daddy, when I grow up, I want to go to outer space.
May 7, 2003
Grace, on Charlie: "It's like he's a crazy monster that sings along with music!"
Apr 24, 2003
Grace and Charlie are playing "Fire Guys..."
Apr 18, 2003
I did the little piggies rhyme with Charlie's toes, and so now he keepsdoing it to me. After he said, "This little piggy went to market" Graceasked, in a very serious voice, "Did he really go to the market?"
The kids are apparently running some sort of race, and Grace started itoff with, "On your mark... for golf. Get set... for golf. And go! Forgolf."
Apr 17, 2003
I walked into her room to see what they were doing, and Charlie waslying on the bed, under the covers and Grace was standing next to him.Grace told me that "Steve" was sick, and that he's allergic to dogs, soshe's feeding Blue outside. But while she was telling me "he allergicto..." she couldn't think of the word dogs, so I supplied the wordmonkeys. She said no, dogs, so I said, "Oh, so he could have a petmonkey" and I went into the kitchen.A few minutes later she comes in and says, "Excuse me, where is the monkey aisle?"
Apr 10, 2003
Grace is "reading" the Dora and Little Star book to Charlie, and when she was at the part where Little Star is falling to Earth, she said, "Let's catch her... or he, Boots!"
Mar 20, 2003
Grace, upon getting home from school and seeing there are no sheets onour bed: "You washed your sheets? Did someone pee in your sheets?!"
Mar 18, 2003
"Momma, when I grow up, I'm going to be a teacher at my school, when Mrs. Byers and Mrs. Bailey get old... and die."
Mar 7, 2003
While watching Master Pastry Chef Jacques Torres on his Food Networkshow, Grace said, "I think he's doing a good job with this cooking."
"Dear Daddy, I love you. I think you are the greatest, most favoritest Daddy in thewhole entire world. I love you, Daddy. First, we did our morning work, and then we sat down at group time andthen we, um, hmmm... went to art class today and it was a lot of fun.And then we went back and first I went back to class, and Mrs. Byerscalled Mommy and Mommy came and she saw me doing my sharing time, andfirst I had my snack before the other people had their snack. And I gota couple of tissues and, hmmm... we standed at group time and we went tocenters. And we had a lot of fun doing, um... um... hmm... um... um...um... centers and I, Grace, went to paintings and me and Caroline had alot of fun at centers and I and Zaquia got the favoritest puzzle that Ilike to do at school. And I put my... and after reading group, I, we,I, we went outside and played, but first before we had centers time, we,um... hmmm... we had snack time and I already had my snack, and my eyewas looking much better, it wasn't looking red anymore, and I and my eyefelt better a little bit, and then we went insided and we played atcenters and we did reading group. I was almost the last one to doreading group. And then I went back to paintings and I finished mypicture right before Caroline came back and finished her picture. And Iand Zaquia got out the most favoritest puzzle that I love. It was theboy and girl game that was a puzzle. And also we... and then we got outanother puzzle, and we played with it, but then I had to go to readinggroup. But when I was at paintings, I had to go at reading group, and Ihad the most favoritest day in the whole day. And that's the end.Um... um... hmm... I think I want... I love school today. I think Ilove you, Mrs. Byers, from Mrs. Byers's class. I think you are awonderful teacher, and Mrs. Bailey, I love you, too. And I think youare a too, wonderful teacher, too."
Feb 14, 2003
We have to move to Alabama (or maybe Kentucky).
Our kids have gotten married [to each other].
Feb 11, 2003
Grace was telling me that her teachers liked her new dress, and that Mrs. Byers looked at the label in it and said, "Yep, Lands' End!"
Jan 13, 2003
Your crazy daughter wants to name our future dog Kangaroo Kristi. I told her no, that the dog will come to us with its own name.
Dec 31, 2002
Grace and Charlie are playing with his toy school bus and the little people that came with it, and Grace just said, "I gave the driver some bird food, and now he's talking like a chicken!"
Dec 27, 2002
Grace, "reading" a book about birthdays:"Oh... that's the gift of love..."
The kids just came running out of the bedroom, Charlie chasing after Grace yelling at her, and Grace yelled back, "No Charlie, I'm not sleeping with you!"
Dec 23, 2002
"This puppy will eat a blue bone, which will make him die."
Nov 7, 2002
Grace: What's old and died?
Me: I don't know.
Grace: Pop-Pop.
Sept 26, 2002
Your daughter just asked me how you spell Nathan Schmidt. (Nathan is a boy in her class whom she calls her boyfriend.)
Sept 12, 2002
I pledge allegiance to the flagOf the A-nited States of AmericaAnd to the Republic For witches dance One nation Unforgot Indibisable With liverty and just for all
Sept 11, 2002
Grace, fluffing her hair: "Charlie, look... I'm a curly girl!"
Charlie: "Wow."
Aug 19, 2002
During storytime at Barnes and Noble, the woman reading to the kids pointed out that a character in the story had a really big mouth. Grace raised her hand and announced, "I have a really big mouth, too!"
Aug 7, 2002
Grace just informed me that she wants me to dress up as Bubbles for her 6th birthday party.
Aug 5, 2002
Grace was watching a 60-ish man painting picture on some show on PBS, and she suddenly said, “Mommy, I think I’m going to marry that man!”
Grace just told me that you guys are going to buy me Harry Potter cups, hats, etc for my birthday, but that she’s not supposed to tell me about it, because you and she are supposed to “zip [your] lips”. Good for keeping a secret, that one…
Jul 24, 2002
Grace (sitting and bouncing on a ball): I can blow super wind!
Jul 23, 2002
Grace (wearing a black shawl around her shoulders): Do you know who I am?
Me: Mojo Jojo?
Grace (giving me a dirty look and bowing her head so I can see the top): You see [sic] I have a big brain or something?
I still don’t know who she was supposed to be…
Jul 12, 2002
Grace was telling me that Charlie didn’t finish his breakfast, so I explained to her that he’s not as good an eater as she is, and when she was his age she wasn’t a good eater, either. She said, “I remember, let me tell the story. When I was a baby, I didn’t eat very much of my cereal. Like this. But now I do. And also sometimes I don’t eat my… um, bread all the time when I was a little baby girl. I just ate turkey and the bread. I just ate turkey out of the bread, and then I ate the bread. But now I do eat turkey sandwiches with the bread on. And then when it was snack time… and then I… and then at snack time… Now what did I have for snack time every… well, when I was a baby? I did have cookies for breakfast sometimes. Well, I did have cookies for breakfast sometimes. Because I like cookies. Are those M&M cookies or just different cookies? Or just plain old ones? I forgot what I had for breakfast that day, when I was still a little baby. Charlie’s still a little baby. So does that mean he’ll have to stay a little baby forever?”
Jul 11, 2002
“Mommy, how do you spell submarine?”
“S-U-B-M-A-R-I-N-E”
“Yep, you’re right. I knew that.”
Jul 2, 2002
Grace just got up and is using the bathroom. Charlie has his dinosaurs fighting on my arm, so I called out to Grace, “There are dinosaurs fighting on my arm.”
To which she replied, “Okay. Thanks for the update.”
Grace has been fawning all over Phoebe this morning, and she just said, “Awww, poor Phoebe. She has no one to play with but me.”
I couldn’t help but agree, “Poor Phoebe!”
Jun 13, 2002
“I’m as fast as a garlic cheese monkey.”
Jun 12, 2002
I just started laughing thinking about Grace singing the ABC song with her kindergarten class, and being the only one to finish up with a big, “Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!” Hee.
Grace and Phoebe were made for each other. Grace is dressing Phoebe up, and Phoebe’s loving it (well, the attention, anyway). Oops… looks like the honeymoon’s over — Grace just whacked her on the head for not staying still.
Jun 11, 2002
Your daughter is rubbed her head against my leg and purring.
Jun 6, 2002
“Turn Winnie the Pooh off. I can’t concentrate on my markers with that stinky old show on. Thank youuuu…"
“I was walking at the park one day. And a Mary cut my feelin’…”
“Dear Daddy, I miss you while you’re at work, and I want to give you this— a picture of Rolls and his name on it, and his little name in it, it’s “Dear Rolls.” And I evenwant to tell you where my Powerpuff Girls bowl and my Powerpuff Girls plate and my Powerpuff Girls cup come in my Powerpuff Girls bag. And my picture of me when Iwas a baby. And I love Mommy’s soda. And I love your soda. And I even love the birthday cake from Charlie’s birthday in the picture. And the Rugrats, and I love myRugrats vitamins, and I love my ownest, ownest, ownest, ownest… POSTER! I love Charlie and my Rugrats poster and I even love… and I love that I got my markers andpaints I happy that I got my markers from Christmas, and I’m glad Mommy bought me some more paints with lots of other paints. And I even lovvve my costume box, Imean my costume basket, and I love my costumes… Dear Daddy, I love you. And that’s the rest of my… Mommy? Poem.”
May 28, 2002
We save most of our coins in a jar for Disney World, but Ken gave the kids a few pennies to race in the donations bin at the mallGrace: "Yay! I won! I won! Now, those go to Disney World, right?"Ken: "No, I think those pennies go to a school."Grace: "Daddy, there’s a little SCHOOL in there?!"
Kristi and Grace are hugging Charlie between them…Kristi: “Charlie sandwich!”Grace: “I’m the chocolate!”
May 25, 2002
Grace, talking about Stuart Little: “At the library, I’m going to get that mouse talking one that has clothes book.”
May 22, 2002
Grace is mad at Kristi because my name (Ken) doesn’t have enough letters in it!
May 21, 2002
“Mommy, you’re growing up to be just like me. Aren’t you? But you ARE a grownup. Excuse me.”
May 17, 2002
On Playhouse Disney, they did a thing where they ask “if you have 5 cookies and your dog eats one, how many will you have left?” and Grace answered 4!
May 9, 2002
“Just call me Princess for now on, Mommy."
Grace was looking for her Angelica doll’s hairbrush, which I told her might be in her toy teapot, where I saw Charlie put it last night. She brings me the teapot, lifts thelid, and says, “See? Double nothin’!”
Apr 23, 2002
"Mommy, how do I look? Do I have style?"
"Mucho gusto! I'm just speaking in Spanish. You know, when people don't talk normal. And sometimes they wear bonnets."
Apr 12, 2002
Grace, noticing a carpet stain: "What's this?"Me: "One of the cats puked yesterday."Grace: "The cats puked a line right here?"Me: "Yep."Grace: "Tuh, they are so guilty!"
Apr 5, 2002
Grace was playing with her rice table, and was cleaning up a few grains that had spilled on the table:Grace: "See Mommy? I cleaned it up ALL by myself!"Me: "Very good! Where did you learn that?"Grace: "I learned it from the experts."Me: "Who are the experts?"Grace: "You and Daddy. My parents. I learned it from you because you are the experts."
Apr 3, 2002
"Charlie? Charlie ... have you ever dreamed that you was a rocket ... ship?"[no reply] "Charlie?"
Mar 29, 2002
Grace (feeding "Dolly" some dinner): "Dolly doesn't eat meat."Ken: "Oh, really?"Grace: "Yeah. She's a vegalarian."
Mar 22, 2002
Ken: "Don't yell at pieces of paper!"Grace (getting mad that her papers won't stay on the dresser): "Well, THEY started it!"
Mar 11, 2002
"Mommy, what kind of bread is this? Poop bread?"[Choking] "Does it taste like poop?"[Thinking about it] "Kind of."
Mar 7, 2002
Grace, changing from one costume to another:
"I've decided to change my look."
Mar 6, 2002
This comment totally came out of nowhere..."Mommy, when people don't have lima beans, they just come back and get some if they don't have any. If you just don't have any, then just go to a store. Okay, Mommy? Understand now?"
Feb 27, 2002
I was pretending that Backpack from Dora was real, because I thought that was what Grace wanted, but then she corrected me and said he isn't real. Then she said, "Mommy, when are you ever going to get smart?"
On your mark, get set, SLEEEEEEEEEEEP!"
Feb 25, 2002
[Grace tells me to take her ballerina skirt off my head] "You're no fun!""Yes, I AM fun, Mommy— because I think of the GREATEST. GAMES. EVER."
"I put in Singin' in the Rain, did you see that, Mommy?""I sure did. I guess you like that movie, huh?""I do. Just call me 'Singin' in the Rain Girl', Mommy."
Feb 22, 2002
Grace [wistful]: "Mommy, I wish I was a cat."
Me: "Why?"
Grace: "Because cats don't have to do chores."
Me [laughing]: "What chores do YOU have to do?"
Grace: "Well, I AM a mother."
Feb 21, 2002
"When I was in your tummy and I woke up, I could see your heart, Mommy."
Feb 19, 2002
[After Charlie got a haircut from the night before] "Mommy, Charlie's hair looks bald like Daddy's. Hehehehehehehehe..."
"Mommy. Remember when I lost a hundred teeth? THAT was embarrassing. Right, Mommy?"
Jan 31, 2002
I told Grace that she can ask the dentist when she'll lose a tooth, and she said okay. A few minutes later she asks me, "If I'm too shy to ask the dentist when I'll lose a tooth, will you do it?" I said yes, and then asked her if she thinks she'll be shy, and she said no. When I said, "Yeah, you've never been shy, have you?" she said, "No... well, maybe a little one time."
Jan 30, 2002
Grace told me that "Girls do this [big simpering grin] when they see a boyfriend." She thought it was hysterical that you were my boyfriend before we were married, and she informed me that Charlie is her boyfriend. I asked her what she does with her boyfriend, and she said they go on dates. I asked what they do on dates, and she said that "... he picks some flowers for me for our wedding in a couple of days."
"[Singing] I always forget my pants... Uh-oh... I forgot my pants!Hahahahahaha... I forgot my pants! I forgot my pants! [Lifting dress and yelling] I FORGOT MY PANTS!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home